1. newspaper and twine: newspaper is one of the easiest sources of cheap wrapping paper; this example from Pinterest is prettified with gingham and some greens.
2. fabric handle bags: there's always those items that don't quite fit in a box for wrapping, but you can make a plain gift bag your own by swapping out the handles for some pretty fabric ones in this tutorial from Creature Comforts.
3. chalkboard packaging: chalkboard look is all over the place now; Going Home to Roost shows how you can easily turn black paper into unique chalkboard-look packaging with a white paint pen.
4. kraft paper with doilies: who doesn't like brown paper packages tied up with string? The doily additions as seen on Robbie and Erin are a great way to add a personal and lovely wintery touch.
5. yarn wrapped boxes: and finally, you don't even need wrapping paper to make a fun gift - just wrap some colorful yarn around boxes like these from Melanie Falick Books.
Have a great weekend - and a wonderful Christmas!